Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Baby Pea - 6 weeks

Hey there, Baby B.

I told your Dad that I hadn't been writing to you lately because I didn't have anything nice to say...but he told me to write anyway.  How else are you supposed to know what we went through to get you here?

I have been sick, sick, sick.  I know I shouldn't blame that on you, because you're just doing what you're supposed to: growing and making your little home in there.  But my goodness - take pity on your mama!  Last week, it was like slight seasickness - kind of like being on a rocking boat for too long, and it would come and go.  But this week, I'm nauseated constantly, sometimes so badly that I have to throw up!  The last thing I want to do is eat, but I have to force the food down to make sure I get good nutrients and calories to you, my little pea.  When I eat, I feel sick.  When I don't eat, I feel sick.  It's awful!  The only thing that keeps me going is knowing it will all be worth it as soon as I have you in my arms.

To make matters worse, I'm struggling with bronchitis and can barely breathe.  I have to take antibiotics, which makes me nervous, but the doctor said it's perfectly safe and won't harm you a bit.  I'm still nervous.

On a brighter note, I bought some yarn to make your first baby blanket this week.  Since we don't know whether you'll be a girl or boy, it's a mix of colors - reds, yellows, blues, oranges.  I think you'll like it.  I also got yarn to make one for your little cousin, who will be about 3 months older than you.

Last week, we had our first doctor's visit and they recalculated your due date - turns out, I am not as far along as I thought, so you are only 6 weeks old in there.  Next week, we'll go back for an ultrasound and hopefully get to see you for the first time!  This week, your little arms and legs are forming, and so is your brain.

I love you, Baby B., and I don't care how sick you make me - I'm glad you're on the way!

Love,

Mama B.

No comments:

Post a Comment