Sunday, May 5, 2013

Poppy Seed - 4 weeks, 6 days

Hey there, Baby B!

I just found out about you today, and let me tell you, it was a surprise!  This is how it happened:

Last week I suspected you might be in there (because of certain little signs...I'll explain when you're older) so I bought a test to find you out.  Even though your Dad asked me to wait for him to take the test, I woke up at 3 in the morning and I just couldn't wait - and I didn't have to wait long!  The test popped up positive right away, and I made a big noise of surprise - it woke your Dad up and he jumped right out of the bed!  We couldn't get to sleep for a long time afterward; we just lay there talking about you and giggling.  We are over the moon with excitement and love for you.

You see, it's been just us two for almost seven years (and your big brother Sammy Dog - you'll meet him soon), and we sure are ready for you to come along.  We bought you a house and picked out the room that's going to be yours, and we picked out names for you.  I've even knitted you two little sweaters (one of which looks just like the jacket Link wears in your Dad's favorite video game, The Legend of Zelda).  We have dreamed about you for a long time and we can't for you to arrive so we can meet you in person.

I spent most of today doing research to make sure I'm taking good care of you.  Sammy Dog and I took a walk to get you some exercise, and you seemed to like it - it was the one time all day that I didn't feel nauseated.  You seem to like crunchy things to eat, like nuts and raw vegetables, and creamy things like yogurt and avocado.  I learned that you are the size of a poppy seed; you don't have arms or legs yet, and are mostly a ball of cells, but in a couple of weeks you'll have a heartbeat and buds where your limbs will be.  Over the next 9 months I will be building those limbs and that little heart, along with your blood and brain and even your bones, right inside my own body.  I will give you everything I can to make you healthy and strong.

I'm also going to write to you every day, or as many days as I can.  I want you to know the story of how you were made, so you can read this later and know everything about yourself from the time we first knew you existed, if you want to.  Mostly, I just want you to know how loved and cherished you are.

Love,

Mama B.

No comments:

Post a Comment